Tuesday, April 1, 2014

New Product Alert - Too Faced A La Mode Eyes


Too Faced is fast becoming one of my favorite makeup brands with their creativity, color selection and shadow pigmentation. A new eye palette is out for their summer collection, it's called the A La Mode Eyes palette.  This palette is available at Ulta for $36 (this is the standard price for Too Faced's 9-shadow sets).

The layout of the palette features the lightest 3 shades (which can also be used as highlighters) in much larger quantity than the rest of the shadows. I'm a little disappointed with the color selection because the colors St. Tropez and La Croisette appear very similar - they could have added another shade, such as a gold. 

I don't physically have this palette yet but I wanted to show you some swatches:
Credit: http://daniellecaliforniaa.blogspot.com/2014/03/too-faced-la-mode-eyes-summer-eye.html

I wouldn't call this palette a must-buy but I would suggest it if you couldn't get your hands on any of their holiday eyeshadow sets (a lot of the colors are very similar there, even the fuschia) and you like to experiment with color during the spring/summer. I like that this palette features 2 nice transition browns, I do think it's lacking some sort of a grayish shade but the theme of this palette is definitely warm-toned.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...