I bought the Wet 'n Wild Flirting at the After Party 8-pan palette from my local Duane Reade (I wasn't able to get my hands on Walking the Red Carpet from the Spring Collection, though) and I took about a week to play around with it and give you my honest opinion.
|Wet 'n Wild Flirting at the After Party palette - daylight|
|Wet 'n Wild Flirting at the After Party Palette - ambient light|
Here's a look I was able to create with the palette.
- Left Eyelid color all over my lid
- mixed the Browbone colors and highlighted my browbone with them right under my eyebrow
- used the Left Crease color and contoured the crease of my eye
- used the Left and Right definers (mixing both of them together) to define the outer corner of my eye
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara
- Jesse's Girl black liquid eyeliner
- Rimmel Scandaleyes waterproof kohl in Nude on the upper lash line
- Starlooks Gem Pencil in Topaz on the lower lash line
- Milani Liquif'Eye metallic eye liner pencil in black outer third of bottom lash line
I do notice that I can recreate a very similar look with some of the shades in my Petal Pusher palette. I recommend getting this palette if you're a fan of Wet 'n Wild or if you're lacking some purple eyeshadows. The formulation isn't the best I've seen from Wet 'n Wild but it's still a lot better than most other drugstore eyeshadows. The pigmentation is definitely there and if you're a huge fan of orchid, this is the palette for you. If you already own lots of makeup, I'd say skip it, you probably already have dupes in your collection (MAC's Beautiful Iris comes to mind).