Thursday, March 6, 2014

Liquid Cream Shadow Formulas

From left to right: Almay Intense I-Color liquid shadow (054 for green eyes), Too Faced Glitter Glaze (Silver Spark & Goldie Rocks), EyeTini Shadow Tint (Ambrosia & Violette), Jane Cream Shadow (Lilac & Gold) 
Lately, I've discovered a new-found love of liquid formula cream eyeshadows. I find that the pigments usually have great color payoff and the application is so simple with a doe-foot or wand applicator (as opposed to having to use my fingers as with my beloved Maybelline Color Tattoos). I have a variety of different shades and types so I figured a quick review of them could be helpful for those of you looking for an easy application of wearable color.

I do want to say that these colors are all somewhat shimmery or reflective, they are not matte at all but I actually prefer this look on the eye, rather than an all-matte look. You can, however, always layer them with any finish of eyeshadow you want for a more potent color and extra dimensions.

Swatch Reference Photos:
Swatches Photographed with Flash - From left to right: Almay Intense I-Color liquid shadow (054 for green eyes), Too Faced Glitter Glaze (Silver Spark & Goldie Rocks), EyeTini Shadow Tint (Ambrosia & Violette), Jane Cream Shadow (Lilac & Gold) 

Swatches Photographed in Natural Light - From left to right: Almay Intense I-Color liquid shadow (054 for green eyes), Too Faced Glitter Glaze (Silver Spark & Goldie Rocks), EyeTini Shadow Tint (Ambrosia & Violette), Jane Cream Shadow (Lilac & Gold) 


The beginning of this fascination with cream shadows began with the Too Faced Glitter Glazes which are absolutely breath-taking (they are the 2nd and 3rd swatches from the left). I believe these are currently on sale at TooFaced.com for $9 each (that's an ABSOLUTE steal) because they're limited edition (original price was $21)!!! These function either as a stand-alone eyeshadow or a glittery-tinted top-coat for your eyeshadows.




The Almay Intense I-Color liquid shadow (first swatch from the left) is probably the one that impressed me least, I think the formula is a lot more sheer (although it is buildable) and dries more quickly than all of the others. This sort of forces you to work quickly when putting it on your eyes. I do think the colors are quite beautiful and neutral, however, so if I can find any more of these on clearance or sale, I will pick them up.



My February IPSY Glam Bag rekindling my love for liquid shadow formulas when they included EyeTini Shadow Tint in Ambrosia (4th swatch from the left) and I loved the full coverage so much and intense pigmentation that I absolutely had to order Violette (5th swatch from the left) off eBay. These are the absolute perfect formula, it's not too thick but also not too thin, they don't bunch up, don't crease, and are super easy to blend with powdered eyeshadows as well. I'm not a huge fan of the Tini brand, but this product is definitely giving me a much more positive outlook on them.
And finally, a brand that has seen a recent revival (specifically at Ulta) is Jane (the last 2 swatches from the left). I hadn't picked anything up until I saw these cream shadows even though I saw many glowing reviews of the brand on YouTube from fellow beauty bloggers. These shadows are very reasonably priced (around $8) and they have a very wide selection of colors. The only difference between these and the EyeTini shadows is that these tend to reflect a little bit metallic. Try not to deposit too much product because it can bunch up and create flakes (I find this happens sometimes with MAC Paint Pots in vivid colors as well). These are a great buy and I've really enjoyed using them alone and as a base coat for other eyeshadows!


Let me know if there are others you guys prefer in the liquid formula - I'd love to get my hands on some more and continue experimenting!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...